The titles below are all originally written and published by The Osceola Sentinel-Tribune – Osceola, Iowa’s published, weekly newspaper.
Clicking on the titles below will take you to their Web site, www.OsceolaIowa.com
- Iowa Farm Bureau and Fareway’s “Fill Your Freezer” contest shows real meat tops the family dinner table in Iowa October 16, 2019WEST DES MOINES – Despite many options at the grocery store, meat is still the center of many Iowa meals,as more than 33,000 Iowans entered the Iowa Farm Bureau and Fareway’s “Fill Your Freezer” contest for a chance to win $200 of free meat. The month-long contest was part of Iowa Farm Bureau Federation’s (IFBF) Real Farmers. Real Food. Real Meat. initiative […]
- Coats for Kids at OPL October 16, 2019The Osceola Rotary Club participated in Coats for Kids at the Osceola Public Library Saturday by donating coats for local children in need. Representing Rotary is Dr. Al Adams. Other partners at the event were Clarke County Parents and Teachers and Clarke Public Health.
- Winter savings tips October 16, 2019Bundle up on warm accessories. The cheapest, easiest and coziest way to stay warm this winter without a spike in your heating bill is to wear warm socks and sweaters while inside. You can also cuddle up in extra blankets while sleeping and lounging! If you feel that your floors are cold, consider purchasing an area rug to insulate the floor. Install blackout […]
- American Red Cross is calling for nominations for the 9th Annual Heroes Game October 16, 2019Do you know someone who has performed a selfless act of courage or dedicated countless hours to a special cause? We are looking for the everyday hero who has done an extraordinary thing to be recognized during this year’s Heroes Game presented by Hy-Vee. The Heroes Game, scheduled for the Friday after Thanksgiving each year, pits conference powerhouses Iowa […]
- Montgomery makes flags for Clarke schools October 16, 2019Mike Montgomery of Mike’s Spray Paint Art made flags for Clarke Community Schools. The American flag is set in black to represent the fallen service men and women and a maroon stripe under the words One Tribe is for the Clarke Community School District.
- Osceola Lions Club meeting October 16, 2019Want to give service to your community? The Osceola Lions Club would like to invite you and your friends to an informational meeting 7 p.m. Oct. 22 aat Clarke County Hospital Administration Biolding meeting room located on the east side of South Fillmore across from Clarke county Hospital. This will be a short meeting on the functions of the club and how you […]
- September Shining Star Award October 16, 2019The September Shining Star award sponsored by Kale Funeral Home was presented by Osceola Chamber Main Street and Warrior Osceola to Stacia Watkins of Clarke Elementary. Mrs. Stacia Watkins was nominated for going above and beyond and being a pinnacle example of what a compas- sionate strong educator does. A Shining Star Award is given every month. Please sen […]
- Farm Bureau members visit Washington, D.C. to discuss need to approve USMCA trade deal and biofuels policy with elected officials October 16, 2019WEST DES MOINES — Twenty-seven Iowa Farm Bureau leaders spent a few days away from their farms to visit Capitol Hill and meet with Iowa’s Congressional delegation during the annual Ag Leaders Institute policy trip September 10-13 to discuss key farm issues impacting communities across Iowa. The Farm Bureau members urged Iowa’s elected officials to approve of […]
- Students will travel to Kennedy Space Center as part of Southwestern TRIO ETS grant October 16, 2019CRESTON – The Southwestern Community College (SWCC) Educational Talent Search (ETS) program is the recipient of a $40,000 grant for supplemental STEM funding from the United States Department of Education. The grant was written to increase ETS participants’ awareness of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields with a particular focus o […]
- Meet the Murray School Board candidates October 16, 2019Andy Eckles Eckles is married to his wife Chandra and they have three children. Addison is 12 years old and in sixth grade, Rilea is 10 years old and in fifth grade and Trevor is eight years old and in third grade at Murray Community Schools. As a lifelong resident of Murray running for the Murray School Board was an easy decision for Eckles. “As a member of […]
- WHO-HD Channel 13 to air daily broadcasts of the National Anthem October 9, 2019DES MOINES – Beginning Oct. 1, WHO Channel 13 will begin the daily broadcast of the U.S. National Anthem performed by emerging artists. The Anthem will mark the beginning and end of the broadcast day. WHO-HD’s parent company, Nexstar Media Group, is working with Broadcast Music Inc. and Belmont University’s Curb College of Entertainment and Music Business to […]
- Gratitude flags by Montgomery October 9, 2019Mike Montgomery, of Mike’s Spray Paint Art has made flags to honor local first responders for their service. Montgomery has made flags for Clarke County EMS, Osceola Police, Clarke County Sheriff, the local State Patrol and the Osceola Volunteer Fire Department. Montgomery has been delivering the flags throughout the month of October. Each flag has a thin co […]
- Healthiest State Walk October 9, 2019The Healthiest State Walk was Oct. 4. Clarke eighth grade students participated in the walk as well as a few seventh grade students
- Clarke County Hospital Auxiliary October 9, 2019The Clarke County Hospital Auxiliary is partnering with Cancer Care and Beyond. They are helping raise funds for the hospital’s pharmacy renovation in order for the hospital to continue to offer outpatient services and infusions, shorten patient wait time by preparing medications in an in-house pharmacy and have the prpoer equipment and space to enable safe […]
- Clarke students tour and take in the impact of manufacturing October 9, 2019October is National Manufacturer’s Month and high school students from Osceola, Iowa’s Clarke Community School district spent some time learning how their community is supported through local manufacturers. Companies like Miller Products, makers of pins and fasteners as well as international provider of CNC and Swiss CNC machined parts opened their doors to […]